Wednesday, April 27, 2016

March Little Things

I'm woefully behind in keeping up with this stuff, but life gets so busy!  I'm not entirely sure why I still try...except that I love looking back over past posts and hate to think that Finley and Hudson wouldn't have anything to look back on!

Reesie had a busy first week of March!  I think it was reading week?  Or spirit week?  Or... something?  There was definitely a wacky day!
And dress like a teacher day!  The jean jacket, pencil over the ear, the clipboard, and the coffee cup were 100% her idea.  
The beginning of March was cold and rainy, so her softball team started the season with practice at the batting cages!
There was also some catching in the house thanks to Wyatt...and Brian!
Hudson LOVES baseball.  He goes outside and practices when he's home alone.  He goes outside to practice when everyone is home.  He is almost completely responsible for every ball that gets hit over our fence.  Ha!
Me and a few crazy children!  I had to run Team Parent meetings for the league and Brian also had practice.  They were troopers tagging along with us to the complex every night.  Because it was all TOO MUCH for me!  I was exhausted by Friday. Ha!
Yes, we are basically at the baseball fields all of the time.
The league hosted a baseball clinic and a softball clinic with teams from two local high schools.  Hudson had a blast down at the tee ball fields with the "big kids,"

One of Brian's friends has a son on the high school baseball team, and he and Wyatt got to play catch at the clinic.  It was a pretty neat moment for Brian to see these two kids play together since their dads have worked together for almost 20 years!
Hudson is basically one of the coolest kids I know.  He has no fear about hanging out with these guys!
Reese went to the softball clinic, and she had the best time!  We really tried to convince her to play baseball because we think she would rock at it, but she is having so much fun playing softball with the girls!
Hudson rocked his 3rd reader and got his 4th.  I can't believe that he is almost done with the year in Pre-K, OR that he will be in Kindergarten next year!  This school year is flying by!
This is what my backyard looks like...almost every day.  Someone is always playing a sport.  And Finley caught that softball that Reese threw to her!
These two! Going to school every day was a big adjustment for Finley (and me!) in March!  She loves her teachers, so she never resists school, but going from 2 days a week to 5 was a little exhausting!  She is such a good sport though, and she goes with the flow so well!
Brian and I went to TopGolf for a friend's surprise birthday party.  I have never golfed before in my life, but it was SO fun!  We had the best time.  
Wyatt's baseball team had a bracket challenge fundraiser.  Guess who spent a lot of March obsessively checking his bracket?
When he wasn't working on his science habitat project.  At science night his teacher said that Wyatt could talk for DAYS about animals.  That is something that we have no doubt about.  At all.
Another day, another trip to Target.  Just kidding.  Working every day cut those Target trips down a lot!  I've definitely been better with my list making!
And Hudson got some pitching practice in!  As usual, he takes his starts very seriously!  Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment