Thursday, November 8, 2012

Two Months Old!


Finley is two months old!  Seriously.  Time needs to slow down!

Here's is what Miss Finley Quinn is up to this month:
  • Finley is 21 inches long (6th percentile) and weighs 12 pounds (77th percentile).  I can't believe she was 6 pounds, 7 ounces when we got discharged from the hospital.  She was soooo tiny!
  • If she's in a disposable diaper, she wears a 1.  She has made the cloth "switch", and she's wearing BumGenius diapers in their smallest size.  We only have 6 in her size, but they're definitely nice to have!  Hudson is in FuzziBunz, and I definitely prefer those.
  • She is still a good eater - obviously!  Look at those cheeks!  She still spits up from time to time, but the projectile spit up seems to have subsided.  Thank goodness!
  • We are still working through her discomfort in the car seat.  She really doesn't like it!  The teachers at Wyatt and Reese's school have now started giving me sad faces every day at car pool.
  • She was on a pretty set routine before the time change, and I'm trying to get her back to it.  She was sleeping from about 10 until 7, and it's been a bit off the last few days.  She was sleeping through the night and waking up at 6, but I kind of prefer the middle of the night wake up with her sleeping until 7:30.  It makes it a  bit easier to get the big kids ready for school.  Trust me though, I'm not bummed about her sleeping through the night!  Ha!
  • She doesn't really like being left alone.  I can lay her down on her play mat for a bit, or put her in the bouncy seat for a few minutes, but that's about it.  She likes to be held.  And I love to hold her.  Her head control is good though, and she'll tolerate tummy time for a little bit.
  • This is probably bad, but she still sleeps in her swing.  Like, all the time.  I'm going to break her of it.  I even brought her bassinet down, but it's broken.  The big kids leaned on it and split the wood frame and it's unstable.  So it's kind of a good thing I never returned the Rock-n-Play to Target.  And I've heard good things about it, so here's to a content, sleeping baby and saving money by not buying batteries all the time! (Although being well rested is totally worth it for me.)
  • She got three shots at her two month appointment yesterday, and she did well.  She was a little fussy last night, but she's been fine today!
  • She still loves when I wear her in the Moby wrap. 
  • She is smiling, and she is cooing up a storm.  After our nursing sessions she makes the cutest "ooh's" and "ah's."  We have little conversations.  It's the best!
She's not always sleeping or happy, though!  Here is an "outtake" from this morning.

Sleeping in her Moby wrap at Wyatt's baseball game.
 
 She LOVES her personalized pacifiers. Thanks goodness!  I thought she was going to demand my pinky forever!

 She passed out in her bouncy seat the other day. 

She went with me to vote after parent-teacher conferences for the big kids on Tuesday.  How sweet is this little smile?!


No comments:

Post a Comment