Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hudson is Three Months Old!

Hudson turned 3 months old yesterday. I can't believe how quickly the last three months have gone by (I feel like I say that all the time, but it really does feel that way!). He is getting so big and he is just a dream. Last month I said that he is sweet and patient and precious - and he is still all of those things. I am so grateful that I get to be home everyday with him and watch him grow!

In the last week he has really started "talking." He'll wait for us to talk and then "respond" back. He gives us tons of sweet smiles all day.
Here is what Hudson is up to this month:
  • Weighs at least 13 pounds. I feel like he is HUGE right now!
  • Wears size 2 diapers.
  • He is really tight in his newborn sleepers and is now MUCH more comfortable in his 3 month clothes. I worry that he is going to breeze through the three month sizes and end up in 6 months before we know it!
  • Still exclusively breast fed. He probably eats 7 or 8 times a day (and two of those are in the middle of the night). He still gets bottles but sometimes feeding him myself is just easier!
  • He still sleeps swaddled, but I don't think he likes it as much. He doesn't want to be swaddled around the clock anymore. In fact, he loves to wave his arms and feet around!
  • He's definitely awake and alert more during the day! He's staying up for most of the morning (between taking Wyatt to school and picking him up and running errands in between, he's usually exhausted by the afternoon and sleeps until the evening). Fortunately he loves his car seat!
  • He spends a lot of his time in his swing - I really suck at breaking this habit.
  • He "talks" and smiles and I think he's on the verge of laughing. He cracks me up because he is so serious when we have little "conversations."
  • He is definitely showing more of an interest in his siblings. When they're not around he even stares at a picture of the two of them and "talks" to it!
  • He is really starting to enjoy his toys! He likes his Bumbo more this year and he's also starting to get the hang of his exersaucer.
  • He LOVES baths. I don't give him many because his skin gets incredibly dry and cracks after baths, but he just loves kicking the water!

Hudson at Two Months


Hudson at Six Weeks/One Month


1 comment:

  1. Yay for babbling and practicing communication turn taking! :]

    ReplyDelete